Monday 8 September 2014

Day: 23 - 24 Brotherly Bonding

Today was just a normal day in the life of a Gapper, I went to the office and helped out with some financials, went home made some bacon sandwiches, then went back to the office helped with some grocery shopping then had dinner at a men's house in Ypsilanti. Overall the day was busy with obviously more details involve. Although one detail resonated more through my mind. The living room in our house of 9 guys is this room with four couches and a t.v, and every night the majority of us who were available would just hang out in this room. By the end of the night it would usually end with someone saying that they should have gone to sleep earlier, and this is something that has and is still going through my mind every night since I have arrived. So I thought it was this nice living room that we had that attracts us all there to spend the last hour of the night where we could be getting early rest, although the room has nothing to do with it.... The people inside the room is what makes it worth the sacrifice of rest, and creates an enjoyable and relaxing atmosphere. This kinda of brotherly bonding is something that I thought I would be used to, considering I have 3 brothers, but the feeling is brand new to me. one of the reasons I think the Lord has brought me here is to experience this community life, and I hope to indulge in this experience as the days go on. You're in my prayers.

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to have such good and wholesome recreation and fellowship! How blessed you are!

    ReplyDelete